September 13th Cameo & Cufflinks will yet again be participating in the annual Bridal Expo and we can feel the excitement in the air! The Bridal Expo, hosted at the BMO Centre in downtown Calgary, is the largest wedding gown sale in Alberta. The sale features stunning couture bridal, formal wear, and bridesmaids gowns, fashion shows, and a day of wedding fun. Brides not only get an opportunity to find their dream dress, but they also have a chance to connect with many different wedding vendors that will be needed for their wedding day.
We want the best for our brides, so we’ve put together a team of wedding industry gurus who have offered helpful advice in hopes you will have the best Bridal Expo experience possible! Check back on our blog each week as we feature new experts & their advice in preparation for the Bridal Expo.
Brandie is the hard working leader at Sedore Weddings, and has a genuine passion for all things bridal! On top of her event planning success & experience, she has also been a wedding gown consultant at Cameo & Cufflinks for 10 years! Here are her top three pieces of advice for brides attending the Bridal Expo in September:
1) The fewer people you bring with you on the day of your shopping experience the better! Fewer opinions allow for you as the bride to listen to your heart and choose a dress that you love!
2) If you're planning on trying on gowns at the show, wear something comfortable to slip in and out of. Layers won't be your friend during the trying-on process!
3) The two best qualities you can have as your shop are patients and willingness. Be willing to try dresses on, even if you might not like them on the hanger! If you're patient and willing, you will find the dress of your dreams.
Ida is a seasoned veteran when it comes to bridal fashion, and has been a Cameo consultant for seven years! Her knowledge of brides and the wedding gown process is boundless, and her advice short & sweet.
1) Wear comfortable shoes on the day of the Bridal Expo! There's nothing worse than focusing on sore feet instead of a beautiful dress.
2) You need to be thinking straight, and fatigue is easy to experience in such a large building. Bring water and snacks, and make sure to take a break to drink and eat! They will help you keep a clear head.
3) Don't let one unfavourable opinion from a loved one stop you from saying yes to your dress! If you love it, that's all that matters. The dresses at the show are sold quickly, so if you hesitate you may lose out on your dream dress.
Alix is currently the online editor & social media manager at the fabulous Calgary based magazine Luxe by Calgary Bride! She knows weddings, brides, and fashion, and has been writing for Calgary Bride for five years.
1) Prioritize - know what types of vendors it's a priority you meet. If you've booked your venue, skip those booths! Don't tempt yourself by visiting them - it will save you time on the day of the show.
2) Functional Fashion - lots of brides embrace Bridal Expo as a time to show off their style, which is awesome. But three inch heels aren't awesome, and being freezing cold or boiling hot isn't awesome either. Dress in your trendiest comfy clothes with your cutest pair of flats! As well, travel light. If your purse is full of treasure, know that it is only going to get heavier throughout the day.
3) Laps - do a first cruise through the show, and mark down any booths you want to go back and check out. Make note of landmarks (Aisle 3, near the DJ) so you can quickly return to them once you've walked the show floor and checked out the Fashion Show.