The Calgary Bridal Expo is only two weeks away and the anticipation is making us crazy with wedding fever! If you're a bride that is planning on attending then continue to follow our blog for expert tips from wedding industry professionals to get the most out of your Bridal Expo experience! If you don't have tickets and all this chatter of the Expo has you envious then don't worry; tickets are still available. Just head to: http://bridalexpo.ca/2015/
Jessalyn has been part of the wedding industry for 10 years, and a consultant at Cameo & Cufflinks for 5. Not only is she a wedding gown guru, but she has also recently been a bride herself! She is exactly the person you want to take advice from when it comes to finding your gown, and in the past she has said that Bridal Expo is "the most magical time of the year. Next to Christmas!"
1) Bring people that will respect your opinion, and not take there own opinion too seriously. You want a group that is supportive of whatever dress you love, and aren't thinking about their own tastes or fashion preferences.
2) Find out which vendors will be at the show, and prioritize the ones you want to see. Check their social media accounts for reviews and pictures of their services so you can decide who you are most serious about seeing.
3) It's already been said, but bring water and stay hydrated!
Eileen Treacy was born in Ireland, and lived in England for 10 years. She has a background in art & design, and mixed that knowledge with her love for fashion to create Eileen Treacy Couture. Her fabulous European fashion line includes fabulous head pieces, belts, hats, veils, and other bridal accessories.
1) When selecting your gown try to keep the overall look true to your natural style, while also remembering that this is your special day to shine brighter than you have ever done.
2) Having trouble choosing just one style? Why not choose two! From Day to night. Perhaps choosing a more traditional, classic look for the ceremony and a more bohemian or bombshell look for the evening reception. This can easily be achieved by swapping a veil for a flower or fascinator.
3) Choose your accessories to your dress so as not to compete with one another. If your dress is very detailed and glamorous, then go for accessories that are softer, more simple by design. If your dress has a simple but classic look, consider choosing some glamorous standout items. Your consultant can help you do this, so don't worry if you're not sure!
Toni has been a part of the Cameo & Cufflinks team for four years, and she is one of our most practical, down-to-earth consultants! She has some extremely helpful, practical advice for all the Expo brides!
1) Bring people that know, respect, and love the vision you have for your wedding!
2) Before you leave, print off labels with your name, phone number, and email. That way if there are draws to enter or anything to sign up for you can just use your label rather than waste time writing everything out.
3) Don't leave everything in the hands of your vendors. Ask lots of questions so you're able to make informed decisions when you're making final decisions & payments.